Skip to main content

Don't bother me.....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing the Possibilities

Many soapers like myself aren't living the dream of operating a full time soap business.  We have other types of work and careers that must remain top priority to pay the bills and keep our families going.  Those of us who are taking a shot at soaping as a side business have to squeeze out the extra time for it in rather creative ways. We can't be profitable if we aren't working at it several hours a week.  I'd venture to say many of us are in that same boat. I've done alot of thinking this weekend about moving forward in a new marketplace this season, and had another wonderful opportunity offered out of the blue.  Lots of exciting things are happening, but this also brings with it a degree of fear and anxiety for me.  I have a wonderfully supportive husband, but why do I immediately worry about failing?  I swear I have a dozen batches of soap curing right now and lots more already packaged and waiting, but still I fear I "won't have enough"!  When I

Happy New Year!

Reorganized Supply Closet :) My oh my how the time flies - it's really been over two months since my last post..!  November and December had me hoppin with holiday craft and sales events, not to mention the entire Christmas season's activities.  And as usual, I was sick in bed for a few days, too.  I'm just now catching my breath and starting to dream up some new soap ideas.  Today has been the first quiet day I've had at home in weeks, full of coveted unstructured time.  After finally getting the Christmas tree and decorations put away, I started a much needed revamp of my soap supply closet to make this small space more functional. Tomorrow I start on the curing room...it's a bit of a disaster, but it feels sooo good to get things in order and start fresh for the upcoming year. I don't normally set New Year's resolutions for myself, but this year I've been inspired by Kenna of  Modern Soapmaking .  She posted a wonderful example of her own planni

It's the little things in life....

Today was full of exciting firsts.  My farmers market plans that I had my heart set on fell through a couple of weeks ago.  Don't you think that when you call for vendor information they should provide accurate information?  So I'd been considering another venue, however I was concerned about getting a TID for another state - Kansas City sits on the state line of Kansas and Missouri.  I live in KS and the venue is, of course, in MO.   Anyway, I was able to get my new licensing taken care of with ease today.  This is the first time I've encountered such nice people who were happy to help in a government office setting- no offense, but you know how it can be.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I'm hoping my vendor application goes through by weeks end and I will feel much better when it's settled. Now, this evening - I intended to work on soap packaging.  That didn't happen but Hubby and I ended up organizing my storage and curing space, so it's way better now.